General Maintenance & Cleaning Operative
We are looking for an experienced handyman/woman and cleaner to join our team with a broad range of skills across the building maintenance scope. We would like the applicant to be able to do a range of tasks from joinery, basic plumbing, basic electrics (changing sockets, light fittings etc), decorating – to a good standard of finish, fencing, replacement locks, tiling, plaster boarding, along with other general maintenance tasks.
- Perform general building maintenance/repairs.
- Undertake ad hoc tasks/emergency tasks as required.
- Perform routine landscaping on the premises.
- Local deliveries/collections and other light duties as required, to include general housekeeping in workshop/stores areas.
- Identify and report the need for any major repairs to the interior and exterior of the premises; obtain quotations and where necessary organise repairs by a competent person.
- Sweeping, mopping and polishing of hard floor areas
- Vacuuming carpets and furnishings
- Cleaning, wiping, dusting and polishing of surfaces, fittings, fixtures and furniture
- Empty waste bins, removing rubbish to collection areas
- Cleaning toilet areas fittings and fixtures
- Clean internal & external glazing to keep substantially free from dirt, marks and deposits
- Cleaning company vehicles.
- Responsibility for all keys held for access purposes & ensuring their safe return (if required)
- Security of the cleaning store
- Reporting all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences to Manager/ Supervisor
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in general maintenance.
- Good attention to detail and high standards of work ethic.
- Possesses the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- You will need to be energetic, punctual, and reliable with a proactive approach to your work.
- Full clean UK driving licence
- FLT Counterbalance licence desirable.
Hours of Work (39 Hours a Week):
- 08:00Hrs to 16:30Hrs, Monday to Thursday and 08:00Hrs to 15:30Hrs Friday.
- Hourly rate exceeds the National Living wage and is dependent on experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone highly motivated looking to join a company that offers fresh new challenges and career development opportunities, along with long term job security.
Please email your current CV and covering letter by way of application to Robert Evans, email@example.com
EvadX Limited is a hugely successful Company with a proven background in the construction sector. Due to continued and sustained growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen for two (2) experienced Steel Erectors/Welders to join our site team.
You will work as part of a team, assembling structural steel sections that make up the framework of buildings and engineering structures.
- Reading engineering drawings
- Lifting and guiding components into position
- Lining up and levelling steelwork before bolting or welding it in place
- Welding/Repairs/Snagging as required
- Working from mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs) to gain safe access to sections off the ground
- Working on the structure itself, at heights beyond the reach of MEWPs
Skills cards required;
CSCS card for Steel Erector IPAF card for cherry picker
Slinger/Banksman tickets an advantage FLT/Telehandler tickets an advantage.
Competitive rates and excellent working conditions.
Please phone Gareth Jones on 07900 267 324 or email CV and skills cards to firstname.lastname@example.org